Screen shot of battery charge / slide to unlock screen?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Bootbox77, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Bootbox77

Bootbox77 New Member

I've tried ScreenGrab, but it only shows the screengrab button once I've made it into the springboard and beyond, not on the charging screen. Is there any way to get a screen shot of the battery charging / slide to unlock screen?
  2. JohnH

JohnH New Member

Hope that helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Bootbox77

Bootbox77 New Member

4. Urbanyouth

Urbanyouth New Member

I'm running the Dock Application and I'm nervous about installing the screenshot application as well because last time it really messed up my iPod. Is the link you provided for the screenshot application or for a similar one? Or is there anyway to do this with Dock?

Also, what source did you use for that battery icon?
  5. snowmandc

snowmandc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    is there any more detailed instructions with the screenshot app?? im still kinda confused.
  6. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it's a command-line app, no GUI at all.

The idea being, your ipod touch has wifi and ssh on, from some other computer you ssh into your ipod touch (use putty on windows, or just use the native ssh command on MacOS or Linux or whatever...)

For me, my ipod touch gets IP address 10.0.0.25 from my wireless, so on my linux box I use:

ssh -l root 10.0.0.25

it then prompts me for the password (default is alpine if you didn't change it, I think)

and I get the shell prompt on my ipod touch
    #

At that prompt you run

/Applications/screenshot

and it will take a screenshot of whatever is currently showing on the screen... so type it all in, but don't hit return yet, get the touch to whatever screen you want to see, and then hit return... and there you go.

(backing up to the install part - isn't this in the installer somewhere? I thought it was)