Screen Protectors

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Imariel, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Imariel

Imariel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    What exactly is the point of screen protectors with a mirror finish? I've never actually used one, but it appears it renders the screen unusable.
  2. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

I guess people

A) Love the look

B) Love looking at themselves

It doesn't render the screen unusable... it just requires that you turn your brightness up, meaning more battery loss... I don't like them either.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I don't like them either, mine is anti-glare. It works ok.
  4. nasra1n

nasra1n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I bought a pack of three a few months ago. Had one on for a day and binned it. My other two are just sitting in their pack. Anyone want them?

They suck. All I could see was my face. It was UNUSABLE outside, even with brightness pumped right up. Inside, you could see little rainbows as you moved the device.

Overall, if you want to retain your device's usability outside and in normal or higher lighting conditions, don't buy. I wasted $20 on my set of 3. PM me if you want them, they can be sent in a normal envelope, so no postage fees. (Australia only, unless you want to pay postage and that's just pointless. Get some over there.)

I don't recommend them, but if you MUST have some and don't mind waiting for them to arrive, PM me. Don't waste your money on this garbage.
  5. qwertzuiop

qwertzuiop New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have one on mine for almost 1 year now because i have a screen crack at the bottom and dont want my family members to see it. you have to admit that the shiny mirrorlike ipod looks AWESOME with the shiny mirrorlike screen protector. its just PERFECT. In my house i see everything clear (not AS clear as the standard screen for sure). outside its a bit harder to see but it works. ima replace mine with a normal anti glare though..

looks smexy !
  6. dunk

dunk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    nerver had one before. and not going to have one in the future thx to your reference. lol
    anyway like shortperson says there must be certain reasons to use it.

but i still couldnt figure it out
  7. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    first i thought it looked cool when your device was turned off.
    but now, i feel stupid for thinking that way