Screen protectors a waste of money?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Ov3rl0rd, Aug 11, 2009.

?

Do you think Screen Protectors are a waste of money?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    26.2%
  2. No

96 vote(s)
    73.8%
  1. Ov3rl0rd

Ov3rl0rd New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So I have had my 1st Gen iTouch since it was released and ay first, kept it under a screen protector. Than about 5 months went by and I got tired of the protectors peeling, scratching and such so I removed it. Ever since than I have not gotten a single scratch on my iTouch. It is in my pocket every day, I take it everywhere with me. I have dropped it, ran into things with it in my pocket, had my keys in the same pocket with it and nothing. I use my iTouch everyday in my car and just wherever and never had a single scratch. So I would say, as long as your not working around power drills and table saws all day, your iPod should be better off without a screen protector.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. psp2468

psp2468 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    They are worth it in my opinion. My iPhone screen has a scratch after only 1 month of having it

With a screen protector that wouldnt have happened.
  3. Jim Ver

Jim Ver New Member

My friend tought the same he has a giant scratch on the right middle of the screen. My screen is flawless

(with screen protector offcource)
  4. PlasticPenguin

PlasticPenguin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i've had my screen protector+case since the first week i bought my ipod and it allready fell out of my pocket while on my bike 2 times, fell out of my hands (don't even ask it was some weird thing), and fell from a table.
    only has a few scratches on the screen protector so my case+protector were worth it

5. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    mines got about 4 small scratches on the screen, after a year of, rather hard conditions, its taken on keys, headphones, money, fishing hooks, all sorts.

With a screen protector, that would not of happened. But i dont like them, so thats the decision you make.
  6. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No, especially not if you're using anti glare
  7. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    After about 7 months, No scratches on the screen and no screenprotector, I use a screen protector on my PSP cause that thing easily scratches.
  8. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My screen protector got scratched a lot, and what's the point of a protected screen that's scratched?
  9. theboss123

theboss123 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i had the screen protectors that came with cases and those got scratched
    i then changes to the zagg and the screen protector is amazing, not scratches and protects it very well i would say to get the front if u want a really good screen protector
  10. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    They're basically cellophane. A thin plastic sheet. Most get sticky by using just water, some come with a special adhesive. Personally I'm against all of them. Why ? Because as time goes by they get old and dim the screen brightness (and adding a yellow tint to the screen).

The iPod's screen is made of a very rough scratch-proof glass. I'm fairly confident it can stand up to a casual challenges (see Youtube) but if you're not careful, you'll be sorry. I dropped mine from 60-80 cm on my living room tiles, face down and ended up with a small scratch in the middle of the screen. You can barely see it if you're looking at it straight. Only visible when a bright light hits it at a certain angle but it's annoying !

Since then I've learned not to f*** around with it and I've been very very careful handling it - mainly because I've bought it with my own money... When you kids get it from your parents (or as a present, whatever) you don't really care what happens to it. Only when you work for it you REALLY start to care.