Screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by touch owner in AL, Aug 7, 2009.

1. touch owner in AL

touch owner in AL Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Why are these things so hard to put on correctly? I bought a three pack the other day from Wal-Mart. Tried to put the first one on my wife's iPhone. Everything fit fine, but there were some bubbles that were really hard to get out, and I eventually peeled it up some, and tried to put it back on. And the top right corner would not seal to the screen at all. I got all the bubbles out, except for that one spot. She didn't like that, and peeled it off. At that point, it had been put off and on about 3 times, and was starting to get dirty. I tried the second one on my iPhone last night, and got similar results, but instead of it being the top corner, it was the whole top. Do these things sometimes need some trimming? Any hints y'all can give me? I've used these on other devices and they were never this hard to put on. But then I wasn't trying to line up 4 rounded corners, and holes for the button and speaker. They were just basic rectangular ones. I'm thinking about trimming a very thin portion of each end off of it and trying again with #3.
  2. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well you can use tape to take off dust from the sticky side of the screen protector. They shouldn't need to be trimmed but you might want to get a better screen protector or not use one at all because the screen is hard to scratch