Screen Protector

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by elreeso55, Jan 2, 2008.

1. elreeso55

elreeso55 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Does anybody know a regular store that carries just screen protectors? I'd like to go buy one today, rather than ordering online.
  2. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy & Circuit City.
  3. FrankDaTank089

FrankDaTank089 New Member

just curious, i have seen a lot of places that sell screen protectors exclusively for the ipod touch. my question is why? I have seen numerous videos of people hacking at it with keys, safety pins, and even multiple razors and still no scratches. So if its that tough, why are people worried about screen protectors. My case covers everything but the screen lol (the back can stil get scratched up like hell.)
  4. KingPelvis

KingPelvis New Member

Today I proved yet again that there is no end to my consumer stupidity. Even though I knew perfectly well that buying a screen protector for the Touch is pointless, I heard my own voice order one today when I was in a store. I think it was because in the country I'm in at the moment, no half decent cases are available and I have become a little desperate from looking for so long.

So I applied my Tough film (I think it was called Tough something. It wasn't the Tuff something at least, which is a different brand). After struggling forever with alignment and screen polishing and air bubbles and cards for squeezing them out, I had an iPod which looked dull and unappetizing and felt less responsive to touch. There were still air bubbles. Plenty of them. I peeled the screen off again and threw it in the trash. Only $9 waisted but if I added up all the useless things I have bought so far in my life, it would come to many thousands.

I've been in a bad mood for hours now. Don't buy a screen film! Buy a case that protects it from accidental falls.
  5. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    just buy a Crystal Film set from the Apple Store, they're one of th best kinds (thats what i have). But yeah, you can get them basically anywhere...
  6. 123456

123456 Banned

My case came with a screen protector so I thought I'd put it on. It works fine but I ended up getting 2 dust specs under the protector which make air bubbles.

My question is - if I try to peel this screen protector off..
    a) can it be re-applied?
    b) what's the chance of removing the spec and getting a perfect seal the 2nd time around?

Has anyone on the forum done this? I rather read other experiences than opinions.

Thanks,
  7. stinkeye

stinkeye New Member

Well, the protectors I used have been static non-adhesive ones- so in my case, yes, I'm able to reapply whenever.

Check the documentation that came with the case, it should mention whether the protector is non-adhesive or adhesive.
  8. ipod1432

ipod1432 New Member

I use the case because I just like not having finger prints on the screen and I dont like my screen getting dirty. The Apple store sells films specifically for the ipod touch. If thats what you mean by a regular store.
  9. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

I will always have a protector for my Touch even though I know you can't scratch the glass. Mainly because if water somehow gets it way around the screen (a sneeze, mist, etc), I know it can't makes its way in. Also, I tend to use Windex for cleaning the screen. It's ok with a protector on, but you shouldn't do it on the glass itself. You can mess up the Touch's screen. Much like what I did to my 22' monitor with Windex.
  10. pk1991

pk1991 New Member

Doesnt the screen protector tho like help smooth the screen too?
    like if your eatting -like a fat person no offence- and then like play around with your screen then all of a sudden it becomes all sticky...?

Why i ask?

because my friend does it all the time to mine....