Screen Protector Ruined Screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Goats go to Hell, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Goats go to Hell

Goats go to Hell New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I always keep my Ipod in my case, but today I noticed that it was getting kind of dirty in a few areas. So I took it out to clean it and decided to cleen the screen too. I had a screen protector on and this was the first time taking it off since I got it in December. Now when I pulled it off there is a big spot of the adhesive crap on my screen that won't come off. Anyone know how to get that off? I already tried cleaning it with windex. I don't want to experiment with harder chemicals until I know what I should be using.
  2. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There's some stuff you can buy in stores called like "GooGone" and other names of the sort, they work pretty good. It worked good on my DS.

There might be a better method than that though...
  3. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the best stuff is GoofOff, the iPod wont scratch or mess up or anything... its glass.
  4. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Your iPod screen is very sensitive, but I dont think youre gonna go out to look for GooGone, so I suggest you take a chisel (rubber) and scrape very carefully under the adhesive. Make sure the chisel is rubber, you can pick them up at any hardware store
  5. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    and while you are looking for a rubber chisel at the hardware store, pick up some GooGone or GoofOff. They're sold everywhere, they'll be there

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

Way to ignore the post above you! xD But yeah, I would say GooOff would be your best bet.
  7. Sickfee49

Sickfee49 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    and if none of those seem easy enough, throw away the ipod and buy a new one. lolz jk but i use a paper towl and a very small amount of rubbing alcohol and it worked amazing. ive used goo gone and it works great too but every one already has rubbing alcohol. (its that stuff you clean your ears with) =)
  8. r0b3rt_213

r0b3rt_213 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i use baby oil when i clean sticky stuff off anything i did it on my dads car when he took off the honor roll sticker (belonging to my sister)