Screen protecter reusibility?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by galacticipod, Oct 11, 2009.

1. galacticipod

galacticipod New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey, I am getting my ipod touch replaced, but is the screen protecter able to be used on the new device ok?
  2. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yes. take it off and put it either directly in a new ziploc bag, or onto the new ipod. if it gets dust on it, was it and shake it off to dry, try to get little specks off with a piece of tape. this is assuming that you have a hard, static cling protector, though. if its one like BSE, IS, or bodyguardz, you will stretch it when you take it off, and you can't put it back on.
  3. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

but the prints and other stuff might stay
  4. Hellishness

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you mean on the back/sticky side? if you wash one with soap i think they'll come off. this is assuming its a hard protector and not an adhesive one.
  5. galacticipod

galacticipod New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  6. Hellishness

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    oh then im sorry, you will most likely have to buy a new one. you can try to put it on a new ipod, just wet it and try to put it on the same way you did it the first time, but it most likely wont work.
  7. Slusho64

Slusho64 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    if it's one of the ones that griffin or other case makers give you, it's a little sticky feeling but you just put a piece of packing tape against it and it takes almost all the dust off
  8. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i wouldn't recommend re-using those plastic screen protectors, as soon as you take it off dust sticks to it in an instance. Even if you wash and dry it, dust still sticks to it. They are relatively cheap anyway so you can get it off dealextreme or something for a couple of dollars. if it's a skin then you will not be able to reuse it.
  9. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I reuse mine when they get dirty/dust gets under. I just rinse it off with water and put it onto my iPhone. I just let the water dry and it's all good. It's even easier when it's wet because then you can slide it around before it sticks onto your iPhone.
  10. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I notice when i take off my screen protectors, they are usually pretty scratched and pretty bad as well, so i just change it for a new one.