Screen Problems; What is this?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MoogleMob, Mar 28, 2009.

1. MoogleMob

MoogleMob New Member

Okay, so recently, I've noticed a mark on my iPod Touch. I can't even feel this mark, it's just there, when I place my fingers over it, I don't feel anything. I'm not sure if these are just Dead Pixels are not, but before, they were never here =/. Then all of a sudden they appeared in a big bulge, and started getting worst over time, and going away at some parts, and coming back at others. But always around the same location.

Please Register or Log in to view images

There are some screenies of how it looks like. On the right top of the iPod.

So does anyone know what this is? Or maybe how it got onto my ipod? =/ and most importantly, how I would be able to remove it? Please and Thank You xD
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

im guessing they're dead pixels.

one fix i know of is this:
    Settings > General > Auto Lock > Never
    Open Safari and load up this website
    (dont open it on your computer though)
    leave for about 30 minutes.

after 30 minutes, reboot and check if those pixels are gone.
  3. MoogleMob

MoogleMob New Member

Okie, I'll try that right away! is it safe to leave it on that website overnight? Is it possible to make it full-screen? The location of the "Dead Pixels" are at the browser address

Edit: I decided to use VanillaSurf, hope that'd be fine

4. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    From my experience replacing LCD screens in phones/ipods/psp/NDS and etc, this looks like its a dead LCD, or at least a dieing one. It would most likely have to have had a bump/drop to cause it to do that. Its hard to say without having it in my hands and looking at it, but thats how it appears. It does not even have to have a mark on the outside of the case for it to break the LCD.

Recently I had to replace an LCD in a PSP that was broken but there were no marks on the case. It was in a school bag and had some heavy arse science text books jammed in on top of it. The books were soft on the outside and dont mark, but heavy enough to push the plastic case down to crack the LCD...

If its under warranty, i would take it back to where you got it, or return it to apple. If there are no marks on the case, its hard to tell what happened to it.
  5. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Not sure why you posted this in the 2G section, but are you covered by a warranty?
  6. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Matt 09 he has a 2G.. This looks like a leak from the screen. This kind of thing just keeps getting worse and eventually leaks into the other hardware and f***s thinks up. Restore and get Apple to replace it.
  7. MoogleMob

MoogleMob New Member

Thanks for the help guys, but just to make sure, if using a warranty on an old ipod to get a new one, the new one has a warranty too right? xD
  8. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^yep, probably
  9. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Possibly, but not a new 12 months, just whatever was left from your old warranty if that makes sense?
  10. MoogleMob

MoogleMob New Member

Yeah

makes perfect sense, I guess I'll find an Apple Store this time, isntead of wasting $30 at bestbuy for a replacement