Screen not turning off in sleep mode?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by boom1234, Jan 2, 2010.

1. boom1234

boom1234 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello. I have a jailbroken iPod touch 2G (on 3.1.2). Ever since I jailbroke, I've noticed that my battery drains very, very quickly, even with SSH, wifi, etc. turned off.

Just the other day, when I entered a dark room, I noticed that my iPod's screen was still on, even though it was in sleep mode! (It was a black lit screen.) When I turned on the lights, it looked like it really was on sleep mode (like its screen was off), but when I turned off the lights, I could definitely see that my screen was still on. It’s like the difference between a black monitor screen and a monitor screen that’s turned off – there is a difference.

I decided to do a test on battery life. I charged up my iPod to 100%, turned it off and back on, killed all processes, turned wifi and SSH off, and left it in sleep mode overnight. After 10 hours, my battery had drained to 40%. Hmm.

So my question is: Can I somehow alter my iPod so that its screen really does turn off when it’s in sleep mode? I've never had this problem unjailbroken, and any help would be appreciated.
  2. boom1234

boom1234 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Bump! Help please. I jailbroke with blackra1n, if that helps.
  3. BEHINDU

BEHINDU New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Help

Hi i have a jailbroken ipod touch 3g and i was wondering is there anyway i can turno off sleep mode