Screen not responding in certain areas. Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LeviM01, Jul 18, 2008.

1. LeviM01

LeviM01 New Member

There is a line on my ipod screen (not visible) that WONT respond to touch. The line runs vertically from where the number 7, $, and the exclamation point are all the way to the top of the screen. So every time I try and press on the screen in those areas nothing happens....

I had that problem about 2 weeks ago and it went away, now it is back, and I don't know what to do. Is this a software problem or a hardware problem? The ipod has never been dropped or scratched, it just messes up...

Help please!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

this is most likely a hardware problem I'm afraid. Your best bet is to restore it, try it out when it's restored, if that doesnt work, give it to Apple, they WILL replace it because it is a hardware problem, unless your warranty ran out
  3. LeviM01

LeviM01 New Member

How long does the warranty last. and how much would it cost if I don't have a warranty?
  4. GDOK

GDOK New Member

I had a similar screen not responding failure on a JB iphone. restored it, took in into apple under the 1yr warranty and they gave me a new (not refurb) iphone.
  5. LeviM01

LeviM01 New Member

ok, but do you know how much it would cost without the warranty? like if i traded in my ipod would i at least get a discount on a new one?

i think i still have my warranty, but im not sure.