Screen motion shortcut app?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by imadhdpositive, Dec 26, 2007.

1. imadhdpositive

imadhdpositive New Member

I often find myself overwhelmed by all the application and feel like I'm missing the really good ones.

is there an app that lets you do motions on the screen that allow you to control applications (specifially music!) like sliding left to right switches to the next song, or a double tap on the screen to pause/play. i realize that this may mess with the current program, so maybe these action would only work on the lock/home screen?

it seems like such a basic feature its ridiculous that apple didnt include it.

maybe i should be posting this in app ideas...
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Unfortunately, adding those features would require one to reverse-engineer the Music.app to add those features into it (unless they could somehow be programmed to run as a BSD daemon; is there a dev here who could confirm or deny that?). It would be very nice to have features added to the Music.app to allow finger gestures to control music so you can perform basic functions without having to look at the screen (the one thing I miss about the iPod Video) but unless it can be written as a daemon to check for an active Music.app and interpret and relay gestures to it to perform those basic functions, then I'm afraid it won't be possible.