Screen help please really frustrated

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hollyshnitman, Jan 29, 2008.

1. hollyshnitman

hollyshnitman New Member

yesterday i noticed a green pixel randomly after using my touch i went to work out and it was there when i started to watch a movie then it went away then it showed up again today is this a burned out pixel any one know if this is covered in the warranty??????
    any help is much apreciated
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

It's a stuck pixel, and no, generally speaking it isn't covered by warranty unless there are a few of them. An Apple Store might exchange it if you're nice (or an extremely loud asshole -- either usually works) and you get a nice MacGenius guy, but they're usually not supposed to.

Apple (and any other company that make LCD monitors) typically require that there be a certain number of stuck or dead pixels before they will exchange.

Before you do any of that however, browse over to this page in Safari and use the iPhone Pixel Fix located there, see if that helps kick the stuck pixel back to normal.
  3. hollyshnitman

hollyshnitman New Member

thanks does that work with the touch i think it uses flash but hopefully that will work becuase it was like on and off i know its not dead cuz when its white it works just not for other colors (it stays green) thanks hopefully this will work
  4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Anything (other than phone/cell functions) that works on the iPhone works on the Touch. It doesn't use Flash (neither device supports Flash) or Java (ditto). In all probability it's just a Javascript page. Try it and see if it works.
  5. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Is there one for the ipod video, just a video?
  6. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Not a straight, unmodified one, no. There might be something for iPod Linux, but don't quote me on that as I have very little experience with it.

EDIT: Yes, there is a module to test and fix dead pixels for standard iPods.
  7. hollyshnitman

hollyshnitman New Member

it did not do anything just a white screen any other suggestions??? Thanks

is there any way to make it into a video then transport it in that should be in installer
  8. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

My mistake; that one doesn't do iPhone/iPod Touch.

Try this: http://www.ebaspace.com/iphone-app/

I tried it and it works. (Not that it works to fix stuck/dead pixels; I don't have any so I can't vouch for its efficacy, but that the site works on the Touch and iPhone.)

Tap "Test For Stuck Pixels" and read instructions to determine if there are any. If there are, return to the main page and hit "Repair iPhone LCD". It will rapidly cycle through contrasting colours in an attempt to kick that stuck pixel back into submission.