screen flex and seating

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sdreamer, Oct 7, 2008.

1. sdreamer

sdreamer New Member

just wondering if this was somewhat normal. The top end (when holding in portrait) kinda "gives" when you push on it(just on the black border, not on the display). It's more. Noticable on the upper left corner where both the volume rocker and hold button are. I noticed when looking from the side that, that part of my iPod's screen is somewhat a little higher than the rest of the iPod screen in the casing (maybe half a mm high; only really noticable if you were running your fingers over the edges and you actually where looking for it). I remember on my first ten iPod touch that I had a similar case where there was a slight gap near the hold button, and it would flex in that area too similar to this but on the metal casing instead. Should I bother to exchange my iPod touch for something like this, or is this something that happens normally and isn't something I should worry about? I'm thinking that corner is raised a little because of the hold button and volume rocker.
  2. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i never had that but im on the first gen idk if you want a new one bring to apple and show them this and u can also look at the apple's models that are out.
  3. trax95008

trax95008 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    my screen is perfectly flush to the metal case all around. take it to apple and let them try to push it in place. this way they may crack the screen and NOT YOU!!
  4. sdreamer

sdreamer New Member

I got it at costco a couple days ago. I'll probably just exchange it through them. Ill probably go around and check some other ipods first though, my local best buy has none for display yet, and the closest apple store is about 30 minutes away. Thanks.
    EDIT: Lol! I gave it a firmer press in that general area, and I heard a nice click, and it's now locked. Everything sits nice and flush, feels good to run my thumb around the cool metal bezel feeling everything smooth and flush. Didn't damage anything, was probably stupid to do, but it worked. Saved myself a trip

Please Register or Log in to view images