Screen flashes randomly, doesn`t respond, can`t restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lobasuu, May 18, 2008.

1. Lobasuu

Lobasuu New Member

The battery of my jailbreaked 1.1.2 16gb was completely empty when I plugged it to my PC. I had iTunes opened and I started listening to some music and browsing the Installer.app at the same time.

Then everything went nuts. The sound coming through my headphones got all distorted and the screen of my iPod flickered all sorts of colours. I, of course, unplugged the damn thing and , holding down the sleep and home buttons, turned it off. Now, here is the state of it:

I can`t turn it on with the physical buttons on the iPod itself (battery must be dead)
    When I connect it, iTunes recognizes it, but asks me to do a restore. I do it.
    It starts preparing the iPod(this takes a few minutes) iPod screen finally turns on, I can see the Apple logo clearly.
    The screen starts flickering like hell (check the video) and iTunes tells me it can`t restore, error 1604.
    I disconnect the iPod, the flickering doesnt stop unless I home-and-sleep-button turn it off.

What are my options?
  2. Lobasuu

Lobasuu New Member

3. bonerguitar

bonerguitar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i Would suggest you grab ziphone off the net and bring it into DFU mode.... Restore it to 1.1.4 if you can, i would not recommend staying on 1.1.2.

Tell me how that helps

Yes, it is extremely creepy
  4. Lobasuu

Lobasuu New Member

Ok, I am holding my breath here, but after connecting the `Pod to my brother`s laptop, everything seems to be working fine. A truly wtf moment. Just hours ago it was acting as thought it was going to explode any minute...