screen crack help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by danalber, Aug 3, 2010.

1. danalber

danalber New Member

Hi guys. So today my beautiful ipod touch was dropped and the screen was cracked.. After much research ive decided to take a risk and try to replace the glass meself. My questions are

1. Were the screen is cracked, there are a few lines on the actual lcd display that keep getting bigger, will these go away when I change the glass or are they permanent

and

2. What do I need to buy? I was gonna buyfrom repair universe, can somebody tell me what items i will need. Im a 2g ipod touch

thanks
    dan

btw you should maybe (im not really sure if its important) that this is from my ipod, the screen still works fine, its just cracked and keeps getting these grey/blue lines near the crack. Its almost like air is getting in it, and is causing the lcd to change color.
  2. JOS

JOS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I've seen a whole lot of craked iPod/iPhones and have never seen them with lines on the LCD screen. In my opinion, the LCD screen is busted and if you really have the guts to replace that too, hopefully someone can provide you with those sources. I'm honestly too lazy to do that now, but there's always Cragslist.org or eBay.
  3. danalber

danalber New Member

Well when I take a screenshot the lines arent there..