screen clarity vs no smudges

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aaadddd89, Aug 24, 2009.

1. aaadddd89

aaadddd89 New Member

ok guys right now im using a sgp anti-fingerprint and a dlo softshell on my touch. but after seeing my friends touch without anything on the screen, i realized how clear his was compared to mine. not only that, he had a bestskinsever on the back, and i forgot how thin the device actually is. it almost makes me want to ditch the case altogether and get just a bestskinsever for the back.

so i guess my questions is, should i do it? i would be sacrificing protection for screen clarity, but that also means lots of fingerprints and smudges. what would you guys do?
  2. mohitd2000

mohitd2000 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I would stay with protection. You can always get an Invisible Shield.
  3. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Screen protectors get old and dim the screen. They're basically cellophane sheets, thin, plastic, cellophane sheets. As time goes by they add a yellow-ish tint to the screen. I don't use one ! And ever since I bought my iPod I've been washing my hands a lot, which is a good thing (I think). Even my mom noticed it. You won't believe how clean my mouse and keyboard is. They were dirty a few months ago and now they're super clean. The funny thing is that all this time I haven't cleaned them at all.

Please Register or Log in to view images

PS: I too am amazed at how thin and slick it is. Sometimes when I'm not using it I look at it from the side just for the sheer pleasure of holding something so powerfull and so thin... It's a technological marvel. I used to do that with my slim PSP but not since I bought the iPod touch. It's like 10 times more portable and more powerfull. Holding the PSP now seems like holding a brick.
  4. aaadddd89

aaadddd89 New Member

yes! that is why im so tempted to take the case off my touch. its pretty amazing. however, i would still love to protect the backside of it. basically, a bestkinsever-type-of-thing for the back, and then a way to protect the screen without sacarificing clarity.
  5. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It was the same thing for my screen protector.

I use the Anti-glare film set. It was that, or the Crystal Film set.
    Crystal has better clarity, and anti-glare has better protection.

I'd just stick with protection. I'd be terrified if I dropped my phone and it broke X_X
    And same for the anti-glare set, I hate smudges and scratches.
  6. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i have a bestskinsever on the back. i recommend it, with minimal yellowing and crap after about a year of constant use. honestly, you dont need a screen protector. the screen is glass. have you seen the torture test on the ipod touch on youtube? he was pressing HARD and even a rock left minimal scratches (hard enough to dent the back DEEPLY). keys and coins did nothing. even if you have your ipod with a rock in your pocket, i honestly doubt there will be enough pressure to scratch it. i've read stuff on this site about people dropping their ipods and the screen hit something on the way down and the screen protector took all the damage...but if you think about it, if they dropped it without a screen protector, would there be any damage at all? i have my doubts.
  7. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I dropped my iphone 3gs a few days ago onto the side of a seat on a train. landed on sharp metal supports and smacked into the floor. I almost screamed. I looked at it and it was fine because i had a case on it, the case got 2 scratches, fairly big ones. But the case is solid

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Would of been bad if i had no case for it.

Made my appreciate my case lol