Screen Burn-In?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ash09, Apr 1, 2008.

1. ash09

ash09 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Alright, I have a rear-projection screen TV, and a laptop which are both susceptible to screen burn-in (image "burned" into the screen after leaving it on for too long displaying one image).

Is the iPoT also susceptible to burn-in? I don't know what I'd have on the screen for a long time, except maybe cover-flow or Safari, but does anyone know or had it happen to them?

Thanks in advance,

Ash
  2. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

never heard of any cases but i wouldnt doubt it, though it is lcd and probably has little to no risk
  3. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    how old is your laptop

Please Register or Log in to view images

ive never had a single LCD screen ever have burn-in. as far as i know, its impossible for an LCD screen to burn the image onto the screen. i can see how a projection TV could, as well as a CRT monitor. but an LCD is just made up of liquid...
  4. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Me wanna know the answer 2. Because I have autolock off on my Touch and sometimes I leave it sitting their on the springboard.
  5. ash09

ash09 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, I didn't think LCDs could burn-in either. My laptop is fine (at least for now) but my sister's (same brand) has a burn-in image of Firefox. I was surprised because these laptops aren't too old, maybe 4 or 5. Well, I guess that is kind of old as far as new models go...
    That's what we get for using Dells

Please Register or Log in to view images

Crappy computers.

I wouldn't ask anyone to test it on their iPoT, only because that's one expensive thing to have to replace just to see if it's susceptible to burn-in.
  6. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    All phosphor based display systems (CRT direct and rear view and plasma) are susceptible to image retention also known as "ghosting, image shadowing, image burn in." This is due to physical properties of phosphor and how it reacts to light and electric impulse.

Since the iPod uses a LCD screen, it is not very susceptible to it. Screen burn will also only happen if you leave the same image up for a long time on very high brightness. If you are extremely paranoid about this, just put it into standby and waking it up once every 20 minutes or so.

Hope this helps soothe some fears.
    2 people like this.
  7. IpodtouchMM

IpodtouchMM New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    its called an Ipod touch not iPodT it makes it seem like its something to do with weed now get over it and say it right dumb ass!!!!!
  8. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I fail to see a letter "T" at the end of that. Additionally please don't flame, people can call it whatever they want.
  9. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

pwned
  10. ash09

ash09 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks for the answers! Guess I'll be keeping my brightness reasonably low, which is probably better for my eyes anyway, lol.