Screen 'Burn-In'

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Saerian, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Saerian

Saerian Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    So I was browsing Safari today on my iPad, and I noticed what looked to be 'burn-in' lines on my screen ... along the bottom and along the top going horizontally across the screen. Pretty faint, but I know they are there so I will see them.

Honestly, I don't even use my iPad that much, just some light browsing here or there, so I don't know how this even happened.

Any ideas on what to expect if I bring it to the Apple store? Will they tell me I'm SoL? Or offer to replace the iPad or the screen?
  2. OneFan

OneFan Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    You will for sure be able to use your warranty that comes with all Apple iDevicess and get a replacement of no charge.
  3. zlesage

zlesage Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I also have a burnt pxel and treat my iPad like the Lord, very well lol. I will wait though because I paid extra for the protection plan.
  4. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I am sure this is just a problem with you using the iPad at max brightness for too long...

Or something using Mobile Substrate caused it...

Either way, a restore will do it, or you can just turn the brightness down and watch as it sinks in. Use the Photo app and look at gray backgrounds to find any image ghosting behind. I often get the landscape keyboard...