Screen Breaking after 2.0 Winpwn Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by psp2468, Jul 21, 2008.

1. psp2468

psp2468 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Ok heres my story,

I had just jailbroken my iPod Touch 2.0 using the Winpwn way by optaining a custom firmware from a mac user. It worked perfectly and I was over joyed. After I had finished copying my music over, I open Cydia and it said redirecting something or something and asked me to wait a minute. It again worked perfectly, I downloaded a few apps from Cydia all working fine.

I then opened one of my App Store apps and it opened but then the screen flickered and shut off. I turned the iPod on again but it flickered and shut off yet again. Then it never went on again, neither buttons worked. This really creeped me out. It was late so I decided to leave it till tomorrow (today) to try and see what was wrong.

The next day, I plugged it into my computer to see if it was just the screen that was broken or the whole iPod and the computer recognized it meaning it was the screen, or thats what I thought. I unplugged it because it asked me for my password but I couldnt write it in because no touch screen.

I plugged it in again with the aim to force restore it to remove all my music etc and when I plugged it in it was already reset asking me to restore my iPod. So I clicked restore and the screen came alive again.

Now the question

Please Register or Log in to view images

1. Is it possible that in the custom 2.0 firmware that I obtained there was something that caused the screen problem?

2. I restored it, does that mean my iPod isnt pwned anymore meaning I cant just restore to my custom 2.0 firmware?

3. Anybody have any more ideas as to why it may have happened?

Thanks for reading and any help you can give me

2. Adam10

Adam10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'm not sure what happened but the same thing happed to me, I just held down the Sleep and Power button
    until the pineapple came up.
  3. psp2468

psp2468 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Oh really, I'm gonna try again and see if it happens again.
    Thanks for that

4. ELLDAWG

ELLDAWG Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  5. psp2468

psp2468 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Since I restored my iPod, can I not just shift+restore my iPod and put the custom 2.0 on it or do I need to pwn in again?
  6. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

the pwning will be there, actually if you pwned 1.1.4 you could just shift +restore the custome firmware without need of pwnage 2.0 (only you gotta be in iTunes 7.5)
  7. donkeychill

donkeychill Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Hmm thats weird. But my iPod is Pwned and working fine.