Screen always on

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Moumentai, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Moumentai

Moumentai New Member

Currently I have an iPod Universal Dock and it works great. But I use the Agenda function a lot. So the screen never goes automaticly off. Since I turned that option on in the Settings menu. Also I think it's cool to use the Photos app and randomly show my photos for hours and hours.

However, will this decrease the life spend of my iTouch dramaticly? Or isn't it wise to keep the screen on all the time? Or is the iTouch build for having the screen on for a looooong time? Cause I just hate pushing the sleep button all the time, and unlock my iTouch in order to continue with the Agenda function.

Thanks for the answer!
  2. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You will wear your screen out if you just leave it on for hours. The same with any lcd screen.
  3. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, its best to just do that sleep slide etc...

because later on your Ipod will look like if you where to put the Brightness to the lowest point, Just my guess..
  4. Moumentai

Moumentai New Member

Thank you for the answers. So the same thing applies for the Photos app right? It's just best to leave the screen off as much as possible.
  5. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes Sir. Same applies.
  6. Moumentai

Moumentai New Member

That just leaves me with one final question. What is the avarage lifetime of an LCD screen, like the iTouch?
  7. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ye my dads into all that stuff (lcds plasmas...) and if it stays on one picture (not particularly a photo, but one thing) for a long time, then the pixels will kind of not die but go wierd and if you have turnedd the screen off, then you will faintly see the homescreen or whateveer screen it had stayed on. DO NOT TRY THAT.
  8. Moumentai

Moumentai New Member

So that means having photos randomly displayed every 5 seconds will not get the pixels all weird?
  9. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    This Does not Really help but it really depends on the user.
  10. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

I don't know who makes the LCD screen for the iPhone/Touch but whoever it is probably has a lifetime rating of the screen. Generally speaking, with normal use within the context of the unit (that is, more time off than on) you should still get a few years out of it. It is more likely that the backlight will die before the screen does. You'll probably have no troubles with it and it will likely last you 'til you're ready to upgrade to the next model, whichever that may be.

Please Register or Log in to view images