Scratches on screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Spiersey94, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Spiersey94

Spiersey94 New Member

Hello. I dropped my ipod today and it has left a nasty scratch on the bottom of my screen. It is like a hill type scratch as it goes up and down. The is also a few small chips just below the home button. This is now crytsak couloured looking. I was wondering if there is any home remedies to fix this or if not are there any shops or online stores that would.
    I live in Aberdeen by the way.
    Any help at all is greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance
  2. hawkfight207

hawkfight207 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The very best solution would be to take it back to an apple store, or try to replace it yourself.
  3. Dynamite2014

Dynamite2014 New Member

yeah.. not much you can do except try to take it into an apple store and just see if it is protected in any way. is it under any warnty through apple or the place you bought it from?
  4. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Mate, that's why I've stated on several threads that it is so important to get a protector not just for the iPod itself but more importantly, for the screen... At least when such scratches appear, just replace the protector if it affects visuals or even the touch-recognition...

Anyway, you can bring your iPod to either an Apple Store or (recommended) the Service Provider, who can then check whether this is covered under the warranty or not...
  5. Spiersey94

Spiersey94 New Member

Unfortunately there is no apple stores near me. I bought my iPod online at Christmas from dixons. Should I have a warrenty? How would I get this and if I took it to a dixons shop would currys be ok?
  6. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    there is no point trying to take it back, physical damage caused by you is not covered by the warranty, i've got tons of scratches on mine but they don't really show up. I'm not too bothered anyway

Please Register or Log in to view images

On a different note, i've heard toothpaste or brasso can do wonders (now to remember if thats for the back or the screen lol...

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  7. AngledProductions

AngledProductions New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch