Scratches already?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sagill888, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Sagill888

Sagill888 New Member

Hey guys!

I'm just wondering...

I know that everything can scratch, but I'm just wondering, is anyone's ipod touch is free of scratches, or is the opposite; they do have a lot of scratches.
    Ipod touch scratch really easily at the back and the front. But has anyone's screen scratched at the front? What about the back?
    What do you do with these scratches?

I just want to know please.

Thank you.
  2. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Its hard to scratch the front but the back scratches to hell easily
  3. joorowned

joorowned New Member

Well with the scratches, cant do anything with them but prevent any more from happening. Buy screen protectors or films and/or cases to prevent any further damage.

I havent seen anyone's screen legitimately scratched (without being dropped on the floor), but it is definately possibly to scratch it.
  4. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Let me share my experience. I know the front was good, but the back was prone to scratches.

First iPod Touch 1G, I was careful with it, put it in my pocket that I made sure had nothing in it. (NOT jeans, material of pants were not rough) I take it out, and I see under light that theres a lot of small scratches in the back.

I learn about the invisibleshield, and how it protects everything from scratches. I ordered one, and got a replacement iPod Touch. I take out the iPod Touch, and decide to wipe it with microfiber cloth to make sure that it was scratchless before I applied the invisible shield. Guess what? The microfiber cloth made small scratches to it X_X

Getting a third replacement, just straight take out the iPod Touch and apply the invisible shield to it. Thats from what I can tell, the ONLY way to guarantee a scratch proof ipod. After a few months, I decided to apply a new shield to it just because I also wanted to see if it would leave any residue on it, and after peeling off the back. (I got the full body shield, but only used the back cover) it was in literally PERFECT condition with no scratches and looked exactly like when I took it right out of the box.

I have a thing with people touching my electronics, so even though I know the front doesn't scratch, I just got a random screen cover that I applied to it that uses air pockets to stick to the screen, no adhesive or PET stuff that leaves gunk on screens. I not only preserve the form factor, but keeps everything clean and nice. The only thing I am not protected by is impact, but I don't expect myself to be careless about that.
  5. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    nope mines PERFECT. the second i took it out of teh box it was in a case even b4 i had touched teh back or only buttons. and it sits happliy and scratch free in my case ever since
  6. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just another piece of advice speaking of cases, never get any sort of rubbery type cases like silicone. I had one for my iPod 5th Gen and after many months, the rubber screws up the back of it and makes device very weird feeling.
  7. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I have had a silicone case since I got mine dec 2007 and had not had that problem at all. Just have to find a good one.