scratch removal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hect111, Jan 13, 2009.

1. hect111

hect111 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    my iphone dropped and it got some scratches what is the best removal solution out there? not too expensive please i was looking at the applesauce is that any good? aslo i need a good heavy duty case not those stylish plastic ones i need a drop proof silicone one heavy duty ready to rock thats what i need any suggestions? for iphone 1g
  2. sonagi

sonagi New Member

Applesauce gave me mixed results when I used it on the metal back of my touch; it does a mediocre job of fading scratches, but it adds a lot of micro "scuffs" of its own, dirtying the mirror shine of the ipod's back permanently. Also keep in mind that apple sauce was mainly designed for the plastic portion of older ipod models, not the metal part.

since you're getting a case anyway, forget buffing out the scratches and just get a case that covers the scratched parts. it seems people these days are getting the incase slider.

btw, cases are mainly useful for scratch protection, not drop protection (though some cases absorb shocks better than others). bottom line, if an ipod survives a fall, it's mainly due to the resiliency of the ipod's internal gadgetry, not because a 1mm thick silicon strip absorbed the fall.
  3. K9rosie

K9rosie New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If it's on the back of your iPot

Please Register or Log in to view images

then use Brasso. You can buy it for $5.00 at your local supermarket.
  4. channerhewitt

channerhewitt New Member

Since you have an expensive gadgets, you have to be careful on using it. try to buy some case for it.
  5. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

6. MusicMeister

MusicMeister New Member

Hands down, one of the best solutions for removing scratches is brasso. Test a small area FIRST. Use a soft cotton cloth, buff lightly and take you time.

One other thing you might want to try would be Zymol Cleaner Wax. Cleaner waxes have a very mild abrasive in them designed to remove mild surface oxidation and other contaminants from non-clearcoat paint without leaving scratches in the underlying surface. The wax makes for a nice 'shine' and has a great smell too!

7. t-oliveira

t-oliveira New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I dont like cases so , InvisibleSHIELD .
    But for the scratches try a banana , gets messy but works , or try brasso , also works like a charm .
  8. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I dont like cases or those invisable shield things. The ivisable things just feel funny to me and on the screen they sometimes affect touch sensitivity. I dont like cases because I like the way the phone looks, covering it with a case or rubber skin make it look like crap.

Needless to say my iphones have there fair share of scratches. Ones a year old and the other two, so its expected. I think it adds character

9. molloy86

molloy86 New Member

If it's on the metal, use T-Cut and then some Turtle Wax.
  10. Fallen Archangel

Fallen Archangel New Member

There are some werid ideas out there......