School "Wi-Fi" Contest

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jordan, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Jordan

Jordan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just starting a contest to see which school has the most strict rules about technology.

This doesn't just include how hard it is to crack the Wi-Fi (if it is protected), but also the rules against bringing iPods, PSP's, Etc,and how strict the teachers are against this.

Ill start.

My school is one of the worst i believe. Firstly the internet blocks are incredibly annoying. They pretty much block everything. They check the logs daily,and if alot of students are accessing a website not on their approved list, they will check it and see what it is,and if it is approved for school. Proxies were popular at our school for a while, but they blocked those to.

Please Register or Log in to view images

NO technoloy allowed!! If they see anything with batteries during school (not everything, but u no what i mean) teachers will confiscate it, and wait for you parents to get it.

School has wi-fi, and their are loads of passwords that work, (i try these on my iPod secretly shhhh.) Yet we cannot connect. Probably need special MAC Address.

Computers at school are really gay. Old XP's. Yet they blocked everything!! Can't even use Command Prompt! If i could i would have wi-fi in an instant!

So yes, my post was large, and you dont need al this,but im trying to start a nice thread.

And i have a special chalenge for everyone out their.

Help me connect to schoool Wi-Fi!! Ill give you all the info u need. Just please help!!
    My Computer Lab instructor said i wassuch a hacker, he dares me to do it.If i can do it, 45 points extra credit next year. Hegave me all summer to think about it, and i need to do this.
    I think i may have to somehtin with my ipod MAc address. isnt thecommand somethin like;

ifconfig en0 00:00:00:00:00:00

SO POST YOUR JUNK!

i TYPED THIS ON AN iPod!!! I GET MAD PR0PS FOR THAT!
  2. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I go to Grant High in california all our windows computers run 98 And our macs are new but look like nothing like panther or leopard no wifi except for outside sources internet goes down when theres to many people logged in at once
    Beat That

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Jordan

Jordan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think mines worse.
  4. himynameisjuan

himynameisjuan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Our computers are all Windows 98, but they've upgraded the OS to XP, which, did nothing cause they still suck. Supposedly we have WiFi only it's not "plugged in" to anything so there's no server. It depends on the teacher as to if you can or can't use iPods. Some go by the book, others will allow it as long as it isn't too loud, and you're on task.
  5. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok at my high school THERE IS NO WI-FI their all by wires and junk....... the only SLIVER of wifi we have is in our music room which is surrounded by BRICK..... so freakin gay yo
  6. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i need to get wifi for my school too... i will give you everything you all need to find the password to it... i am in the need for it.
  7. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

well basically you cant do anything at my school. all sites are blocked based on content. they arent chosen...its automatic. they block anything related to proxies, games, social networking, well...anything buy google and .gov sites. its annoying. then they dont allow anything but ipods during lunch and thats about to be taken away. its just annoying. theres much more but i dont have the times to type it up
  8. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    In my school we have Wi Fi in certain areas, where there are buildings (it's pretty huge, and there is a lot of vegetation), we just need to sign up by internet, and provide our MAC addresses, and we can use it.

We are not allowed to stream stuff, to download pom, do illegal stuff, etc., but that's pretty normal.
  9. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  10. jcl

jcl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It really isn't that hard for the IT guys at you school to limit all of the student accessible computers to do pretty much... nothing. Blocked internet, disabled command prompt, and without administrative rights, no foreign applications (CDs, Flash Drives, etc.). Most students can get past this stuff because they study that hard to get in rather than doing their homework.
    And usually the school doesn't have anyone that good with computers, so the network is still insecure.