School blocked video chat need help!

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by Evanmav, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Evanmav

Evanmav New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so my school gives everyone macbooks and they have ichat unblocked but u cant video chat at all or share screens. when u hit someones video camera it pops up that u sent them a request to video chat but then the person will never recieve it. also on a side note i can video chat with non mac users. my friend has a dell with a webcam i can vid chat with but i cant video chat with other macs. so is there a way i can change the settings or something so that i can video chat with other mac users? my school has ALOT of blocks so idk if its possible but i wasnt sure. im using 10.5.4. also i went to video>connection doctor>capabilities and they all have a green check mark next to each category
  2. keyboarder

keyboarder Banned

off topic but

HOLY CRAP UR LUCKY!!!! do u gget to keep em
  3. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

I don't think so, they let the students USE them.
    If they could keep them, then they could break the restrictions without anyone knowing.
  4. Evanmav

Evanmav New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i get to bring it home everyday and stuff but i dont get to keep it over the summer. its actually pretty helpful for school and stuff.
  5. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Cool, i guess it's a private school ???
  6. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

What if you made a new account or something ?
    Maybe try that ?
  7. Evanmav

Evanmav New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nope public. we were one of the first high schools to actually give all our students laptops. we first got these crappy sony vios and then we switched to macs. last year they didnt block video chat and it was so much fun and now i miss it lol.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i dont think if i made another ichat account it would work, and if ur talkign about a new account of the computer then that wouldnt work cause its blocked

Please Register or Log in to view images

. i know it has something to do with the ports and that the school blocked hte video chat port or something