School app- collaboration, roll call, etc.

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by sageDieu, Apr 19, 2010.

1. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Planning an app, thinking maybe a school-centered app would be cool. Does anybody have something they would like to see in an application used primarily for school between students and teachers?
  2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    *rages like no one has ever raged before*

School Kit. :'(
  3. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Whatever happened to school kit? It seemed so promising.
  4. Chicken

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Trust me I'm still developing it, got quite a bit done while I was on holiday. But I'm pretty busy revising now so I'm trying to make time for it... but it's hard to keep on top of everything.
  5. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ETA??
  6. Chicken

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Hopefully less than a month away, don't like giving ETA's though because it's always hard for me to stick to them.
  7. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I guess if he is just going to make another thread without asking, I might as well explain what he is getting at.

Since we are unable to release LyriX without some major funding, we are investigating other options and markets that the iProduct lineup could fill. I believe that the iPad alone opens up broad new possibilities for education and in that wake i plan to, at very least temporarily, investigate the possibility of innovating and creating an entirely new class of software paradigm to be used in the classroom on multiple levels.

I cannot disclose what we are considering, but I can assure you that based on my limited research, our conceptual design is something that you would expect after years of R&D, not months. SchoolKit looks like many of the other available tools on the App Store which, to me being a student and intern (currently only taking an Honors Chemistry class), are severely lacking something. What that something is, I'm not sure just yet.

If there is something you would like to see in our application, you may post here or contact me directly via PM. Otherwise, stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks. This is an exciting time to be an iPhone OS Developer!
  8. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Chris, you don't have to be like that... I didn't give away any important information, simply asked what people would like to see in this, just like you asked me. I was hoping to get some ideas and maybe be helpful... you only seem to sign on to these forums to bash me.
  9. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    OK, what would I want in your app? Homework planner, Schedule, and that is basically it.
  10. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah that's a good idea. Have a little calendar type thing where kids can put events and classes and stuff; then the teacher assigns homework using their iPad and it pops up in all the kids' planners.