Schema of a working mic for 2.2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by vigilantez, Nov 28, 2008.

1. vigilantez

vigilantez New Member

does anyone have a Schema of a working mic for 2.2 fw i would like to make my own since i seen the pics of the other mics and i really dont like them and for that reason i'm not willing to buy it just to take it apart i read on a post that 1 of the mics has a speaker no? if you can use regular earphones and have none to a little skill you could just desconnect it and use earphones but then again idk much about the programs
  2. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I know the plug-end must be 3.5 mm and have three stripes.

I believe the switch ON and OFF for music is an essential part of operation of the mic.

This information, at least, is a beginning.
  3. vigilantez

vigilantez New Member

i ment for the ipod touch gen 1 the 3.5 mm jack would work for the 2nd gen ipod touch

but thank you anyways i was looking at the touchmods schema it's easy and all but looking through some threads seems that the mic from touchmods is not working a all might build it anyways just to try and figure out a way to make 1 form that if no1 seems to have any working schema of the iVoiceIII/iVoice Pro that seems to be working with fring on FW 2.2
  4. rwphwp

rwphwp New Member

The iVoice III works great without any modification at all. It leaves room for headphones and you still get some privacy, unlike the external speaker on the Pro. I have mine working with Fring and VoipCheap.
  5. camogirlster

camogirlster New Member

I am interested in this as well. I have a touchmods headset, and the mic does not work on my 1st gen iPoT with the 2.2 FW.
    I was thinking that if we knew how the iVoice mics worked (i.e. get a hold of the schematic's) then I could posibly mod my touchmods headset and make the mic work.
    Does anyone have any ideas or information?
  6. nathana

nathana New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I'm pretty sure that there is more to making a microphone that works properly with the official iPhone OS APIs than simply wiring up a mic to some input pins on the dock connector...I think there is more than one IC on the iVoice III for example, and one has to be doing some kind of "authentication" I think with something in the Touch. When my iVoice is plugged into my Touch running OS 2.2, if I go into Settings -> General -> About, I can see that the iVoice managed to actually add something about itself to the screen (at the bottom it added an "iPod-Mic" line with "1.0.0" on the right side).

-- Nathan