Sceptic about Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by stooney, Dec 28, 2007.

1. stooney

stooney New Member

Hey folks,
    Just got a Ipod Touch for X-mas. I have been reading alot about jailbreaking it and it seems pretty easy. If I do jailbreak it, I want to be able to restore it to the default factory 1.1.1 settings to recover my warranty but I cant find the file to do so. Where can I find it? and does my warranty actually gets restored as well?

I was looking for a list of possible apps to install once the ipod touch has been jailbroken. Any links?

BTW - Awesome site
  2. inatightspot

inatightspot New Member

any apprehensions you have are meaningless. do what you want and restore if you have to. The touch is essentially useless if not jailbroken.
  3. Tigerclaw

Tigerclaw New Member

I'm just as new as you I'm afraid, but I've already jailbroken my iPod Touch (TWICE ) lol. It came at 1.1.2 firmware, and I jailbroke it to 1.1.1 to install the installer.app (which gives you a list of apps to install). It is INCREDIBLY clever and I'm glad I did it.

You can always restore your Touch back to factory settings through iTunes. That is my understanding so far anyway. So I don't need to worry about that, neither do you really. It's your choice, but as previous post says, the Touch is pretty useless unbroken

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. jgassens

jgassens New Member

live free or die, bro.
  5. airguitar901

airguitar901 New Member

What do you have to lose? You can always force restore it, go for it man.
  6. ive jailbroken it 3 times, the term jailbreak isnt very reassuring but trust me, and 90% of the forum on this, it opens your itouch to the full potential, and remember its..a mac..you cant break a mac
  7. stooney

stooney New Member

I have officially jailbroken my ipod touch. Not much to it really. Thanks for the postings
  8. fjvgn

fjvgn New Member

Stooney,
    Which method did you use to jailbreak your iTouch?
    I just got mine and am hoping to jailbreak it soon. Thanks