scary spinning wheel

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by jstlookinground, Feb 1, 2008.

1. jstlookinground

jstlookinground New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    so i just rejailbrokeddeded 1.1.3, and i downloaded the new installer, and i queued a few apps or whatever its called. they downloaded fast, it was good, i was happy. it finished, i clicked home, got the spinning wheel, then the sound like it was finished, but instead of going to the lock screen, another spinning wheel came on top of that. i was freaking. i left it there for a while, and decided to restart. so i did, this time the spinning wheels came up on the apple logo, i freaked again, i thought maybe it was permissions or something, so i sshed in and while i was changing permissions to some (a few weren't 755), it all of a sudden the ipod booted properly lol. that was pretty scary. i don't know if it was the permissions, or it just decided to come up, but i don't think ill be using that new feature again.

so this is a heads up. if that happens to you, try to give it some time to see if it comes on, if not, ssh in and change the permissions of the apps.
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Its ok... ok... as long as you kept it sexy.

LOL.

Il try to watch out for the new queue ability, even though its awesome.
  3. jstlookinground

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    yeah it is cool. i want to try it again just to test it, but im super scared lol.
  4. jltdhome

jltdhome Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  5. phatphob

phatphob New Member

just curious, how does a 'spinning wheel' look like...ive never seen 1 before

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. jstlookinground

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    haha, its like a white spinning thing that comes up in the middle of the screen after you install something from installer then press the home button. or you see it when you downgrade/upgrade to any firmware. or you see it when you f*** up your ipod. lol