Scared For new iTouch To hack or not to hack...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Kilroy00, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Kilroy00

Kilroy00 New Member

Okay So my friend is an apple provider for the area and is very experienced in The iPhone and iTouch, he had an iPhone when it First came out, and within a month he had it hacked.. he had everything installed.. but according to him.. he went to update and apple almost bricked ((Locked)) his iPhone..
    I JUST got a new, engraved iTouch for christmas, and i know its the only one im gonna get..

I wanna hack it to make it not so boring..

But i need advice.

Basically, the Tl;DR Is I need to know what risks i take hacking it AND if ANY Way possible if i do hack it and it gets brikd for it to be restored..

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please help!

2. Kilroy00

Kilroy00 New Member

Please?
    Bumping because i was knocked off front page
  3. ooblez

ooblez New Member

yes, if i have understood correctly. in itunes look for the restore option. if everything goes tits up hit that. youll have to try pretty hard to screw up though.

an fyi: if its not too late, do NOT update to 1.02 straight away, else you will have to downgrade to 1.01 in order to hack it.
  4. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

The touch can't be bricked, a restore should solve any problem...
    Go for it ^^; Jailbreak!
  5. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,

you shouldn't worry, because you can ALWAYS restore if anything does really really wrong!

You can't brick an iPod through software

6. TGMG

TGMG New Member

Its definetley worth it, I just did it for the itouch I got for christmas. No risks as you can just use ipod recovery to restore back to factory. It is very easy and just requires you to go to a certain website (.1).

Its not like the psp where if it was a bad downgrade it got bricked (although that issue is now fixed due to pandora).

I strongly suggest you do it, but its up to you.
  7. ooblez

ooblez New Member

its worth mentioning this: apple stand a lot to loose from hacked iphones, if people install voip an d such apple could actually loose money. this issue isnt relevent with the ipod and thus they are less likely to care.