Scandal.

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Abcmsaj, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Quote from the creator of iLive's blog.

The other two rival Xbox Live apps in the App Store have decided to drop their prices to £0, $0, 0 Euros, just to get one up on iLive (as I see it).

The apps called 1337Pwn and iXboxLive, obviously realised that they were unable to compete with the upcoming messaging update on iLive, and therefore dropped their price to sell more apps.

The owner of GeekyGoodness says that he won't be dropping the price of his application any time soon.

I hope you guys realise that the better app is the one that didn't back down, and you support him all the way.

Pass it on!
  2. borocouncilman

borocouncilman New Member

We (1337pwn.com) are official members of the XBOX Community Developer Program. Microsoft decided that it does not want paid XBOX Live applications in the AppStore. After some legal discussion, they allowed us to re-post ours for FREE.

You can download it here for FREE - we hope that you enjoy it.
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=287944389&mt=8

Nick Pike, creator of iXBOXLive is also an XCDP member and likely complied for the same reason and came to a similar agreement.

Thank you for your support.
    don't pwn alone(tm)
  3. Fehr

Fehr New Member

Hmm... People don't have to leave their xbox's alone for that long... At any given point, will you seriously need your iPoT or iPhone to check your account? That is... unless you're seriously hard-core... and you're one of the top 10 in any given game or something...

>.>

Not for me, but that's just me.

Toodles, Fehr.
  4. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)

That's interesting. So Microsoft decides that it doesn't want people making money and refuses to allow you to charge for your application. That would be like Apple saying that it doesn't want paid applications on Mac OS and therefore Microsoft has to give away MS Office on Macs.

This has a vaguely illegal feel to it. It smells of monopolistic business behaivor.

What you should have done was to tell Microsoft to kiss your A$$ because you have every right to charge for the development of your application. Unless, of course, MS is willing to compensate you for your time and support of the application.
  5. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Sure BoroCouncilMan, I understand that.

But iLive's creator isn't a part of the XCDP, so I don't understand why they have to make every Xbox app free. Although now, iLive has been made free.

Thanks for the info

Please Register or Log in to view images

And sorry for the misundertanding.
  6. berky93

berky93 New Member

its forced free because microsoft doestn want people making money off a free service. checking friends and such is free on the xbox live website, and just because people made it into a nice app doesnt mean they should make money off it - as microsoft sees it