SBSettings toggle to mute external speaker

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by albundy9999, Jun 7, 2010.

1. albundy9999

albundy9999 New Member

Is there a SBsettings toggles that will turn the volume off or down to zero for internal speakers on iPod Touch? Or any similiar program that will do it? I tried "Auto Silent", it does not turn off the speaker volume. I'm not looking for slider type, but a quick button just to mute the internal speaker.

Please share if you know anything on this. Thanks.
  2. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, I have a solution for your problem. In Cydia, search for an SBSettings toggle called Volume Slider Widget. Then you may have to respring. Once done respringing, open up your SBSettings and click on the More button. Then go to the Toggles section and turn on the Volume Slider Widget toggle. I hope this helps!
  3. albundy9999

albundy9999 New Member

@ Naveen121,

Thanks very much for the quick reply to the post. "Volume Slider Widget" is a slider. I'm actually looking for a quick "button" like to mute the volume of the internal speaker.
  4. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ooh. My bad. I don't really know of anything like that. But keep looking around, and if you still can't find anything, you could probably request any developer on this website to create something like that. They may do it and post it on a repo, so everyone could download it. Sorry I can't help you any more with this.
  5. albundy9999

albundy9999 New Member

No problem, I'm sure ipodtouchmaster05 can code up a mute toggle for internal speakers easily.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I guess I'll keep looking.
  6. motionman95

motionman95 Member

Any update on this...?
  7. It4Ch1

It4Ch1 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i was seeking for the same thing too..

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. badideaalert

badideaalert New Member

I've been looking all over cydia and searching tons of forums for a mute toggle switch for the ipod touch. I use the touch as a skype/primary phone and this would be great to have in sbsettings.

Found an app called Silent Mode Switcher. Purchased it but I haven't been able to install it yet. Maybe because I'm running 4.2.1 ATM. Anyone else have luck with this?
  9. VMac

VMac New Member

The app you are looking for is called MyVolume. It allows you to select a custom gesture (such as double tapping the status bar for example) to set the volume to a specific level. You can then set this level to 0. There's also an SBSettings toggle for it.

Hope this helps someone!