SBSettings toggle for EQ

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by mcpetrolhead, Apr 16, 2009.

1. mcpetrolhead

mcpetrolhead Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Reading through some of these applications ideas threads ive seen talk about a toggle for SBSettings for the EQ.
    I have no experience with C but know a little about modding.
    I have found a config file at "/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mobileipod.plist" which contains a string which includes EQpreset and the currently selected EQ.

It would be cool if someone could make a program that will allow you to change the EQ from SBSettings.

Cheers.
  2. dudiadudia1

dudiadudia1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    why wont anyone give this project attention?
    many many ipod owners would LOVE to have an app that could change apple's crappy presets including yours truly
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    dude i checked the file u mentioned and it doesnt where the preset is defined.
    it just show the current status of ur ipod music player and ur current chosen EQ preset
  3. mcpetrolhead

mcpetrolhead Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it does. If you search through it you will find the name of the currently selected preset.
    E.g. VocalBooster.
    What I was thinkingnof was something like quicknotes but with a scroll menu like the one in clock or just even a list of them.
  4. unkellsam

unkellsam New Member

I totally agree with an EQ being absolutely necessary for SBSettings.

What would be even cooler would be a graphical EQ where we can actually have control over the bands as opposed to Apple's corny presets.
  5. mcpetrolhead

mcpetrolhead Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The problem is that the EQ presets would be held in some file which the media player can only read.