SBSettings ssh on or off?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by Gabe, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I'm a little confused with sbsettings and ssh. in the set toggles area of sbsettings, if I turn ssh on, does that mean it's running, or does that just put a on/off icon on my sbsettings dock(not sure if dock is the correct word).

if I have it set to red(off) on the sbsettings dock, and then reboot the iphone, when go back sbsettings, it shows it as green in the dock. does that mean everytime I reboot my iphone, I have to turn ssh off?
  2. MrGreencastle

MrGreencastle New Member

Setting it to ON in the more area of SBSettings. This will add the toggle to the main SBSettings swipe dropdown menu. You must enable it from there through tapping.
  3. voLcoM¯

voLcoM¯ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    in sbsettings it should be turned on. but when u don't use it turn it off. its a complete battery hog. :\
  4. deadfire55

deadfire55 Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    In the settings it should be on but in the actual app it should be red. And yes, as a 'fail-safe' method SSH turns on after every reboot in case a file goes bad and you need to remove it though SSH.
  5. jasonrn2000

jasonrn2000 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry about this dumb question... am I using SSH when downloading a file in another program on the touch or just when transferring / deleting files from PC to Touch? I ask, because since Jailbreak, my battery life is crap and I'm wondering if this is the issue.

Jason
  6. deadfire55

deadfire55 Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    SSH is only being used when transfering files from PC to touch. You should turn off SSH when you aren't doing this using BossPrefs or SBSettings.