SBSettings Issue

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lakerfanalways, Jun 21, 2010.

1. lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Hi everyone..weird thing happened to my Ipad today..I've had SBSettings since I got the Ipad..today in Cydia it said there was some update regarding sbsettings so I tried installing it..the Ipad just kept on spinning and spinning and would not open so I restored it to factory settings, jailbroke it again..tried installing sbsettings again and it did the same thing..is something funky going on with sbsettings.?
  2. kimstar85

kimstar85 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Same thing happened to me today too
  3. lakerfanalways

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Oh so should I not install it..I dont want the same issue to happen again..really strange since Sbsettings always worked for me on the ipad no problem, it was just that today cydia had some kind of update which caused all the problems and after I Restored when I tried to install it again(Sbsettings) the Ipad stopped working..so now I am kinda afraid to install anything else from cydia, I dont want to go through restoring again and again lol
  4. kimstar85

kimstar85 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I have no clue...I just came on here looking for an answer as well

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. lakerfanalways

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    ok so at least its not just an issue on my end..in the meantime I wont be installing sbsettings til the issue is resolved..heck Im even afraid to install winterboard..not like I Need it..there arent any good themes right now anyway
  6. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I got stuck on spinning wheel and force restarted iPad took a while so I plugged into iTunes and it came on and everything updated

7. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This has happened to me twice today. This isnt a SBSettings issue. I believe its a Cydia issue. I just updated Categories and Mobile Substrate and it did the same thing! The first time this happened I upgraded multiple packages and SBSettings was one of them!
  8. lakerfanalways

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Mobile Substrate thats the one that caused me originally to have to restore..had the little apple with the spinning thing so I had to restore then I tried to install sbsettings and it did the same thing again..since its a cydia issue, I will wait for it to be fixed..dont want to have to keep on restoring
  9. wastedd

wastedd Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I had the same problem after letting cydia update. Apple logo an spinning wheel. Only i didnt need to restore. I simlpy logged in to the ipad using winscp then sent a cmd via the terminal to reboot.
    It did an when it restarted all was as it should be.