SBSettings Installed- default settings menu?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by locofocos, Apr 20, 2010.

1. locofocos

locofocos New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have jailbroken my 3G 32 Gb Ipod touch. I installed SBSettings and it works fine for me. I noticed that the original settings App is gone. I can understand because SBSettings should replace it. However, there are some things that the original settings did that SB doesn't. Some applications had their own settings in the settings menu. How can I access those now? How can I enable/disable push notifications? What about notifications in general? I already know I have 3.1.2 installed, but how would I check my firmware? How can I look at all the wifi networks in range? I luckily have a wifi manager app installed, but what if someone else doesn't have it?
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    check poof if you hid the settings app
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Actually, SBSettings should not replace your Settings app. Check SBSettings to see if it's hidden or something. If anything, search your Spotlight for Settings.
  4. locofocos

locofocos New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've never installed Poof. I have categories installed though. I looked through all the other apps I could add to a certain folder. There were some hidden apps like DemoApp, MobileMusicPlayer, and RockApp (ooh that DEFINITELY shouldn't be there....) and SBSettings. There original settings menu isn't there.

EDIT:
    I searched in spotlight, and nothing turned up. I assume it's possible that it got removed somehow, but I don't see how. Or why for that matter
  5. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    when you install sbsettings its installs libhide meaning poof, go into sbsettings more and then press hide apps, then check again. Like sobe said try spot light for settings
  6. locofocos

locofocos New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've searched spotlight and found nothing. I checked in the hidden apps list in Categories, and there was no Settings, Preferences, or anything like that. I'm sshing into it now to see if the folder/app still exists.
  7. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    not in catergories... swipe to open sbsettings, then press more. then press hide apps and check there
  8. locofocos

locofocos New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sorry, I meant SBSettings. I checked for it hidden in SBSettings and it isn't there.
  9. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well this happened to me before, i fixed it with a restore, have you done anything before this happened?
  10. locofocos

locofocos New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I haven't done anything dumb or unusual. I've been poking around through ssh, copying roms over, trying to change permissions of a GBA bios file, etc. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary for a jailbreak. I did accidently run Rock with Cydia already installed. I downloaded an nes emulator from Cydia, but it opened Rock when I ran it for whatever reason. I quickly closed it and deleted both the emulator and the rock icon. I don't have the 3.1.2 SHSH sigs backed up if those would be necessary to fix it.