SBsettings biggest problem ever

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Tomdog315, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Tomdog315

Tomdog315 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Here, essentially, is what happened to my ipod.

I wanted to upgrade and jailbreak with 2.2.1.

I restore, then jailbreak (yes, with the newest software)

Cydia and installer are there.

Here's where i hit a wall of fire. (Firewall?)

I restore my backup of my ipod, and from right there, they dissappear. I beleive it is because i had them hidden with SBsettings, and somehow the hide was backed up, so i have them both hidden. (that is only a theory)

Am I right? wrong? Is there a solution i can go to without losing all my data?

Thanks in advanced!

(Edit *Advance*

Spelled it wrong!)
  2. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Simple, don't restore from the backup. It'll remove the jailbreak. I've heard some people having success with it but it's better to start new.
  3. Tomdog315

Tomdog315 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that makes sense... Thank you very much!

I'v got one other question, though...

I've gone through this complete cycle 3 times in the last 24 hours, and i'm worried my battery lif'l suffer. what do you think?

Thanks Again!
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Battery life is fine and You can restore from a backup just make sure you unhide all your apps before you make the backup or at least unhide cydia. It will not affect a jailbreak at all. The backup process backs up your ""springboard layout"" hidden apps and all!, settings of all your apps, network settings, passwords and contacts and a few other things. Nothing that would affect a jailbreak.

Just make sure you unhide before you do the upgrade/restore. I never hide cydia and backup on a regular basis. If I have to restore I have to use a backup because of my network settings and passwords for different networks all over the place that I will never remember and have a hard time getting again.
  5. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

its cuz u poofed them out, just go to the parental controls, enable the disable