sbsettings + autolock + redsn0w 0.3 = Stuck on lockscreen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by ReapZor, May 26, 2009.

1. ReapZor

ReapZor New Member

Hey all,

This is an odd one and ive been able to reproduce it several times.

First im just curious if anyone has a restored then redsn0w 0.3 install in conjunction with sbsettings and autolock sbsettings toggle...

Issue:
    The ipod works fine with the above installed, i can disable autolock in sbsettings and it disables properly.... turning it back on sends me to the lockscreen and when i scroll to unlock, 1 second later im back in the lock screen. Im nolonger using autolock on sbsettings until i can dive further into what is causing this, so far ive had to restore and rejailbreak to get things back to normal... The issue also goes into the ipod backup so no restoring :/

Has anyone experienced this issue with the above combination?
  2. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I recommend that you use QuickLock
    It's an app, just click on it, and your iPod is locked, much easier than opening up SBsettings
  3. dong1225

dong1225 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hello!
    First of all, let me clear out the misunderstanding.
    alokg95, it seems like you misunderstood what he is asking, autolock is a sbsettings toggle that can be used to disable autolock feature (By default, your iPod goes to sleep after one minute if unattended.)

I hope that cleared out confusion for you and fire many other people who could've been confused.

To get to the point I had the same problem twice!
    Once with Quickfreedom and once more with Redsn0w 0.3!
    I got sbsettings, installed autolock resprang(I believe) and got stuck in lockscreen forever!!!
    It was swipe, unlock for 1 nanoseconds and lock repeating over and over again.
    I google the problem and even found few threads in other forum complaining about it. It seemed to be happening to lot of 2G touch people.
    My only advice is to stay away from Autolock to avoid potential restore.(I did hear that you could SSH in to get rid of Autolock but after two restore, I am avoiding it altogether)
    One alternative (although not really) is to get supreme preferences from Cydia and crank up the lock timer to something much longer like 10(My preference)

Hoped that helped and you're not alone!
  4. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oops, my bad

Please Register or Log in to view images

sorry

5. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    for what purpose are you using autolock for? if it is to stop the wifi cutting out during SSH sessions get KeepAwake
  6. Supertod

Supertod Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you get suck on the lockscreen, hold the power button and keep sliding to unlock, eventually the slide to power off screen will come up, then open sbsettings off that and turn autolock off. Then just go into your settings and change the lock time from never to something else. It worked for me

7. mafi0z

mafi0z New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    happened to me too a while back - had to restore..
    ive stayed away from that toggle ever since.

@supertod, out of curiousity - how can you open sbsettings from the lockscreen? i held the power button until the slider came up, but was still unable to open sbsettings.
  8. mikealexcd

mikealexcd New Member

you have to reboot and quickly open Sb settings before it get locked again (3 seconds i think) and toggle it off, if yyou couldnt reboot again (that saved me from restoring)
  9. thedauntlessone

thedauntlessone New Member

Thank god! I made an account just to say thanks.
  10. Pasc

Pasc New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well, I can't get SBSettings to show up using Supertods method... I accidently enabled Autolock again by SBSettings and not my iPod is in a locking cycle (it locks right after unlocking it )

Since obviously don't understand how Supertods idea works, how can I change the autolock setting via SSH'ing in my Ipod ? I don't feel like restoring it.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Talk about random ! I rebooted my ipod touch for the 2nd time and now I was able to unlock it (I connected to it using WinSCP at the same time I unlocked it, if that helps.