SBSettings 3.0 - Endless Respring, No Booting.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Captain*, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ill just bomb into the problem below, thanks for any help:

Jumped on Cydia, updated all the changes, hit reset springboard. Ended up with a constant re-spring (in other words, just looped the animation and wouldn't re-spring.) Noticed in the Cydia install section (the CLI like thing whilst installing items) that it was SB-Settings 3.0, anywho I forced the device off using the home and power buttons, then restarted it. It wont get past the boot logo (pineapple) and just hangs. This is only an issue as I need to backup various parts of the ipod so that I can re-jailbreak which isn't an issue just I cant backup whilst it isn't on or when it isnt on the spingboard (as no SSH), so this is an issue.

I'm on 2.2.1 on full 24kpwn jailbreak and have never had any issues. Should I try the original tethered boot mode by sticking it in DFU and supplying the boot patch as if its tethered?

I dont really mind what I have to do but I was planning to upgrade to 3.0 today and preferably wanted to aptbackup before hand however I will have to remember all the stuff I had before I do If i cant get it on.

Cheers. --CG
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I lie, i am able to access the iPod's root using SSH. How can I backup the ipod through SSH and or remove SBsettings and see if it enables it to boot.
    ah well, im restoring and re-jailbreaking on 3.0. Thanks for the help..
  2. xepht

xepht New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    omg! the same thing happened to me too. I just thought the first time was random and i restored the ipod and when i downloaded it again same thing happened. so now im just gonna restore it again and not touch sb settings for a while =\
  3. alghawas

alghawas New Member

Same thing happened to me, I really don't want to restore, jailbreak and unlock again. Since I'm planning to upgrade to 3.0 as soon as ultrasn0w is out. Isn't there a way to just disable SBSettings from running at start-up (LaunchDeamons).

I recall being able to this, but i can't seem to remember. There is another method of looking at the package details to see where the files installed and simply deleting them.

Any feedback/suggestions would really help, and i would really appreciate it.
    (I know there's a simple solution but i can't remember it.)

Thanks in advance,
    '3awas
  4. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

what hardware is this on? im on a ipt 1g, and im not having this issue. i once did, but thats because i tried making the landscape status bar, and i failed. fyi to all, dont do that

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. alghawas

alghawas New Member

That didn't really help but it did put a smile on my face lol. The hardware doesn't really matter, but fyi I'm on a 16GB iPhone 3G on Firmware 2.2.
  6. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

the hardware can matter, because of the difference in processors, but trying reinstalling sbsettings. w8t no forget that, you can get into cydia. hmmm.... this is beyond me. sorry i cant help

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. icebrk

icebrk New Member

Am having the same problem since updating Sbsettings today morning:
    Repeatedly crashing with panic log referencing WDT timeout
    Tried moving mobilewatchdog to / +rename = no joy
    tried moving sbsettingsd out of usr/bin = no joy
    tried removing almost everything from the /system/library/LaunDaemons/Sprinboard.plist = no joy
    tried deleteding /System/Library/Prefernces/sbsettings.plist = no joy
    tried renaming M68AP.plst file inside /System/Library/CoreServices/SpiringBoard.plist = no joy

would be nice if ultrasnow came out right now so this wouldn't be an issue, til then I'd hate to have to go through everything to restore everything just to update in a few days. Any ideas?
  8. AgentSmith2k

AgentSmith2k New Member

I'm sorry to say I have this aswell. I just went into Cydia clicked update all (sbsettings, sbsettingstoggle, catagories), restarted springboard and now the endless reboot.

If sbsettings 3.0 is only for 3.0 firmware then why is there an update option for 2.2 and 2.2.1 users? only to make people restore in frustration??

I have the 2G-16Gig on 2.2.
    Guess my phone will be out of action for afew weeks until I have the time to SSH and backup then restore to the new 3.0.
  9. alghawas

alghawas New Member

Did everything you did but only on the ones that had some correlation with SBSettings.
  10. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    done it again on 3.0 jb now. Its a sbsettings bug, ffs. Categories is in SBsettings and all my apps are in categories, I need to get into it and I cant beacuse of categories...now I have to wait for a fix to use my frikin ipod.
    im going to hit out a warning as its affecting all firmwares on ipod touch 2g's from what I can see up here and I reckon it will effect the 3g's as well.
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1652050#post1652050

here