SBsetting brightness setting gets ignored

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by tillicollpase, Aug 4, 2010.

1. tillicollpase

tillicollpase New Member

I don't know what the problem is, but I recently turned my ipod to factory setting using itunes software and then jailbroke it with the new jb tool at jailbreakme.com and installed SBsetting.
    Now my ipod ignores the brightness setting of SBsetting when it wakes up from sleep. It only recognizes the brightness setting in the original setting menu.

So for example, if I set brightness to the lowest in the original setting and then go out and set the brightness to the highest in the SBsetting, the brightness goes up, but when I put my ipod to sleep and then wake it up, it returns to the lowest brightness. In other words, I think the brightness settings of the original setting menu and SBsetting are somehow not in sync and the ipod only recognizes the setting from the original menu. Compare this to bluetooth on/off, which goes on regardless of whether I do it in original setting and the SBsetting and they are always in sync-if I turn it on in original menu, it's on in SBsetting and if I turn it off in SBsetting it's off in the original menu.

Me and my brother are both having this problem and this didn't used to happen before. It started happening after we recently re-jailbroke our ipods. His is 3G 32gb and mine is 2G 8gb.

Is anyone else having this problem? Better yet, does anyone know why it's happening or what the solution to the problem is?
  2. tanktan38

tanktan38 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Mine has this problems sometimes, and i've only had it with 4.0.
  3. tillicollpase

tillicollpase New Member

Is it just sometimes for you?
    I have this problem always. If it happens only sometimes for you, would you have any idea what might be triggering it?
  4. rogerR

rogerR New Member

re:

hey man the same thing happens to me but with the volume too the brightnes and the volume just go down all the way but now i had it jail broken for one day and the next morning i cudnet turn it on at all i tried all the restoring things but nothing workd and now it wont turn on if u fixed your plss help me

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Same here.
  6. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Do you have auto brightness on?
    Now that you mention it mine does that but I've always attributed it to autobrightness.
  7. thornet

thornet New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    it used to happen to me too, but after i disabled the auto-brightness function and put the Settings>Brightness>all the way to 0. Then only use the SBSettings widget to adjust the brightness. That works for me.

EDIT: Same goes with the volume.
  8. neivin93

neivin93 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi !
    This used to happen to me but I solved it.
    Just respring and restart device in safe mode. Then reboot your device.
    If all else fails. RESTORE and whoosh on over to www.jailbreakme.com again

Please Register or Log in to view images

This happened once. Fixed through reboot. My headphones weren't plugged in properly and then when I took them out my volume control was messed up. Try rebooting in safe mode ?