Sbagen for iPhone?

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Noogah, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Noogah

Noogah Active Member

So quickly now, before I must go. Allow me to explain Sbagen.

Not mine, but the guy who wrote the post

Please Register or Log in to view images

ANYWAY.....

If anybody has heard of I-doser (You haven't? Now you have) it is a binaural beat company, who produces binaural tones used to alter states of mind. These are sold for...

Big fat buckarooneys

ANYWAY... The files used by Sbagen are a totally different extension then can be used by iPods (they aren't audio files) .sbg These files are basically instructions on designs of various pitches in the sound library. Thus, a sound file that WOULD be 100+ big fat juicy mega whoppers can be reduced to mere kilobytes.

Le problem...

To date no application that can read .sbg files has been created. Sure, they can be converted to .wav, but then they are REALLY big files. Plus, in order to properly use binaural tones, certain frequencies must be used that are cut out during normal mp3 compression. Of course, using an Apple losless codec fixes the problem, it only adds to the enormousness of the file.

Therefore, I propose a mobile Sbagen application made for the iPod touch platform. An open source version of Sbagen can be found at

http://uazu.net/sbagen/i-doser.html

(Scroll to the bottom of the page)

Well...hope somebody considers this?

2. Noogah

Noogah Active Member

Oh somebody respond!
  3. Kosmin

Kosmin New Member

Any advancement in the project?