SB Disaster.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Enso, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Enso

Enso New Member

Alright. So I was using SBSettings to hide some icons when I started to wonder what my iPod would look like if I hid ALL of the icons. Not a good idea on my part. So it started doing its normal thing restarting springboard... and it loads so much that it restarts. Alright. So it's starting up again... and starts to load springboard.... it loads so much that it restarts again. My iPod is stuck in an infinate restart loop. It will just keep restarting until it dies. What do I do? What can I do?? The way I figure I have 2 options. TRY and restore it from itunes or buy a new iPod..... Does anybody have any other suggestions? T.T
  2. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My horrid computer does that when it overheats and I just hold the power button while it's starting up. Try that.
  3. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hold the power and home buttons at the same time for 10 seconds. Then put your iPod into DFU mode and you should be able to restore.
  4. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    does it load the lockscreen? if it does you can ssh in and find the plist file that has the application list that are hidden... im not sure where it is though... hope im being helpful...
  5. Enso

Enso New Member

No no, you must misunderstand. It never gets to the lockscreen. It restarts completely. Screen goes black and the apple symbol pops up. While the apple symbol is still there it does that little... loading circle... and it freezez up and then shuts down. Then the apple symbol pops up and the loading circle, then black etc.
  6. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do a DFU+Restore. Fixes everything.
  7. duckboy

duckboy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Can you access ssh in that period? If so, try installing an app using dpkg -i (one that has a SB icon). Just a random guess but worth a shot I suppose

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Just DFU restore like Wynd has been saying.