saving wifi settings after full restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by trialnterror, Feb 2, 2008.

1. trialnterror

trialnterror New Member

(I have posted this before but no one helped could someone try this maybe before they are going to do full restore n tell me if it works )could someone help me with this. before I update to jb 1.1.3
    The folders in /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
    there are a couple of .plist files "preferences.plist and com.apple.wifi.plist" and maybe "com.apple.network.identification.plist"

1.If you were to backup these plist files then restore ipod to factory settings, could you then replace these files with the backup you just created and still connect to your protected wireless networks that were saved?

2.Use these files on a iphone example: take my iphone and replace the files with the backed up ipod files and use it to connect to all the protected wifi networks that I do with my ipod?

could someone try this for me I really could use this.
    thanks
  2. trialnterror

trialnterror New Member

any body help me with this
  3. trialnterror

trialnterror New Member

please help with this
  4. trialnterror

trialnterror New Member

hello any help
  5. trialnterror

trialnterror New Member

could use some help please
  6. x6blues

x6blues New Member

it should do it on its own, but 5 useless posts all by u for help, plz dont do that. right now i am messing with 1.1.3 jailbreaking and all so i dont have a chance to try it out but i thought it was automatic??
  7. trialnterror

trialnterror New Member

useless? got your attn!
    my reasoning
    I know it does it automatic but say I want to do full restore then this would help me.
    2.say I buy a iphone then bam three files moved n Im ready for all my secure wifi hot spots.
    3 say my wife buys one bam all the secure spots are ready to access (work my 3 brothers houses my friends house )
    4. my roommate that works at the same place as me bam all the wifi spots ready for access
    I dont mean to post so many but I wanted to keep it on top for a couple hours so people would notice n maybe be willing to help.
  8. trialnterror

trialnterror New Member

oh boy heres another. just had another thought when every body does restores n they lose wifi settings(cause I tried a full restore before n I had to reenter the settings) you know how hard it is to enter all them over again you cant see what your typing so if you misspell or don't cap. a letter your screwed n trying it over again.this would just simplify it