Saving TTR Dances

Discussion in 'Tap Tap Revolution (TTR) [old jailbreak version]' started by HaGGardSmurf, Dec 10, 2007.

1. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

You must have WIFI enabled and be connected to WIFI to follow this guide.

Saving Custom Dances
    After creating your custom dance, connect to your ipod and navigate to /private/var/root/Media/TTR. You will see Music Taps and a preferences file, go into taps and you will see some .tap files (maybe not) aswell as an "itunes" folder. Go into the itunes folder and look for the dance you just created. It will be called something like "My%20New%20Dance" that would be the artist and inside the folder will be another folder with the song name, once you go inside the song name folder you will see a .tap file it will be named [Your Username] and some random number.tap. Move this file into the /TTR/Taps and name it whatever. Now get the MP3 for this song, you can get it off your computer or wherever and transfer it to the /Music folder.

Example:
    Song: Soulja Boy - Crank That

1) Make the dance
    2) Navigate to /private/var/root/Media/TTR
    3) Open the folder Soulja%20Boy
    4) Open the folder Crank%20That
    5) Copy the file HaGGardSmurf 1197350580.tap to /private/var/root/Media/TTR
    6) Rename Soulja Boy - Crank That.tap
    7) Delete the Soulja%20Boy folder (/private/var/root/Media/TTR/Soulja%20Boy)
    8) Copy MP3 to /Music (Make sure it is the same name as the .tap file)
    9) Your Done!

Saving Downloaded Dances

If you want to save an "itunes" song, play the song, connect to your ipod and navigate to: /private/var/tmp "ttrtemp.tap" is the steps to the song you are currently playing, so take this file and follow the steps above. Then put the Mp3 on your ipod and make sure the names are the same, once finished you will be able to play it!
  2. rexvaldez

rexvaldez New Member

Good job summing it up for everyone.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Pretty soon we'll start seeing lists for .TAP files for every song.
  3. thatkidwiththeipodtouch

thatkidwiththeipodtouch New Member

it doesnt say anything it just has a blank screen when i click bulls on parade(rec)
  4. jalilteja

jalilteja New Member

How to navigate to /private/var/root/Media/TTR

Do I need Squid something to do this?
    Or am I somehow accessing this dir from my computer? What do I need to go about doing this?

This would be awesome because i found a list of .tap files that I would love to save (for when I dont have wifi)

Also, Is it possible to download .tap files directly from Tap Tap Revolution?

And Does anyone elses TTR crash when they try to access a specific sound under Itunes Library' option in TTR?

F*ck _ this is the first time I have been so confused with any technology
    Does someone want to explain all of this in laymans terms for the functionally retarded?

(I.e. If i downloaded a .tap file for a song I already have how would i put it on, and how to download from the itunes lib instructions simplified)
  5. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

You need to have WIFi enabled (it says in the beginning)

Once you have wifi enabled and are connected to your network open your ftp program and do the steps in the first post.

You can download from the the application itself... Download play the song then access your ipod via your ftp program (again the steps are in the first post)

If you want to put .tap files on your ipod go ahead but you need the song in the music folder (again explained in the first post). Make sure you have the right version of the song otherwise the steps will be off..

Also it will crash when you click ituned library or new if your not connected to wifi... its just how it is...