Saving SMS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by touch happy, Feb 21, 2009.

1. touch happy

touch happy New Member

I personally like to re-read my texts with people from time to time. But my texting with people goes as for back as August. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible (and if so how) to save your text messages on your computer or something so that I can delete them from my phone. It's also an annoyance when people ask to see my phone and read my texts. If only I could just put a passcode on SmS...
  2. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    You can back up your SMS. Just go to 'private/var/mobile/library/SMS' and back up the 'sms.db' file.

Also, you CAN put a passcode on your SMS, lol. Just install Lockdown from Cydia. And as I wrote this I just realised you haven't jailbroken, lol. You should man, it's well worth it

Please Register or Log in to view images

So if you don't jailbreak, there is no way you back up your text and definitely no way you can put a passcode on your SMS.

Please Register or Log in to view images

peace
  3. EugeneO

EugeneO New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well man I've heard the pros and cons of jailbreaking and as you can see I have not.
    Personally I will not jailbreak unless it does not void my warranty and currently it would.
    Hopefully sometime this year we will reach the light at the end of the tunnel and jailbreaking will not void the warranty!
  4. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Dude, you can just restore, and there's your warranty! Back again, lol.
  5. touch happy

touch happy New Member

I may just Jailbreak mine then.. I just don't really know how and I don't want to mess my phone up. Will I lose all my current texts if I do jailbreak it?
  6. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    No you will not lose anything if you jailbreak now. there's many tutorials to help you with it.