saving playlists and song search features

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ntagiuri, Jan 5, 2009.

1. ntagiuri

ntagiuri New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    So all the other ipods have these features but the one with the most functionality and a keyboard doesnt. Has anyone found or made an app that does either of these things.
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Set up your playlists in iTunes and sync those playlists across... there's no 'On-the-Go' playlist function I don't think.

As for searching, could you search your music on the old iPod? You mean spin the wheel around and find what you are looking for? You can view your music by the usual categories, artist, album, song title, genre etc. on the iPod Touch...

Actually I'm kind of grabbing at straws as to what you're asking. Hopefully I may have made some sense...
  3. ntagiuri

ntagiuri New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    no you made little sense. There is an on-the-go function. do you have an ipod touch or iphone. I want to be able to make multiple on-the-go playlists without connecting to a computer. I could search when i had a wheel ipod but i have a touch now. I want to search for individual songs.
  4. msuc5vette

msuc5vette New Member

I believe it was the 5.5 Gen and newer ipod classic style that added the search feature he is refering to.

It brought up an alphabetical keyboard that you could scroll through with the click wheel to find songs, artist etc.

You could add songs to the onthe go, then save the playlist.

That is what he is asking for.

I have only had my G1 touch 16gb for about a week, but I can not figure out how to do it either.

The touch scrolls by first letter of either artist, song, or album, but I don't see where you can put songs in any playlist, but the on the go. And you can't search by more than the first letter in any category.

If you have tried the remote program that controls iTunes fromt the touch, it does exactly what you are asking for. It is awesome, but not much help stand alone...

I don't know if you have jailbroken your ipod yet, or if you have a G2 and can't... But I just did a search on Cydia for play list. I didn't find a playlist app, but I did find a different player. AVPlayer, the description states that it will play any media on the touch, including itunes media. It might do the trick, I haven't played around with it yet.

I agree with you, if the touch can't search for songs by any criteria, and add them to any playlist, including newly created ones, that is shocking.