Saving current position in playlist over deep standby?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GrayScales, Feb 3, 2009.

1. GrayScales

GrayScales New Member

Hello,

as I got long pauses between using the iPod touch I'm sending it to deep sleep via long pressing the standby button. However the iPod forgets where I paused the music playback.
    That's a bit annoying as I now always have to select a new one each time I wake it up.

Is there a way to get it to remember the position (it does for videos, so that should be possible)?

Thanks in advance
  2. MikMakMan

MikMakMan New Member

You mean you shut it completely off using the red slider? Because there is no such thing as 'deep' sleep.

When you shut it off, the ipod can't remember the position of the song. It will only remember it if you put it in sleep mode.

So the solution: put it in sleep mode not power off.
  3. GrayScales

GrayScales New Member

Yeah, well, I think, "deep sleep" and "power off" depend on your personal definition of sleep. Even in powered off mode the touch still consumes some power, as the clock still has to be running

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thing is, with using deep sleep or powering off the battery lasts for two weeks of usage before I have to recharge it. Guess I have to check how long the ordinary sleep lasts (though I'm afraid that's somewhere in the range of the 36h's music playback).