saved shsh blobs werent actually saved?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Eurosonly, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Eurosonly

Eurosonly New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    so back when i had 3.1.2 firmware which was like 3 weeks ago i opened cydia and noticed something that said make my life easier at the very top so i clicked it a few seconds later it was done processing and i went on about my business in adding sources and all that junk. then later about two weeks later i updated to 4.0 and now am currently trying to downgrade back to 3.1.2 but keep getting 3194 error. i tried the umbrella program but it says i do not have any shsh blobs saved actually so what the heck i know for sure i clicked the button a while back and it didnt actually save is that what its telling me? i open the program and try to save shsh blobs for 4.0 and it says http error....... at the top of cydia it says "this device has SHSHs on file for iphone os/ ios: 4.0. what does that mean? i am so stressed out ive been trying at this for about 4 days all day long now and if it didnt save the blobs junk i guess im stuck with 4.0
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    by the way when i updated to 4.0 i jailbroke my device just incase someone you ask this silly question and not look below my name first. so may be thats why it deleted the old shsh as far as i remember i never clicked make my life easier thing on 4.0 firmware so i dontk now how it got erased from 3.1.2