Saved Games and Preferences Problems

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by alerune, Jan 29, 2008.

1. alerune

alerune New Member

Hello, I've searched the entire form, I am Running 1.1.3 Jailbroken GPSPhone 1.2 and I've SSH into my Ipod manytimes making sure my ROM settings are 755 and my files wiht in GPSPhone are 755. Still i have a big issue

It will not create saved games, and it will not save my settings.

It just occured to me that i used boss tools to move my applications folder to a private folder on another partition so i could have more apps. Could this private folder be disabling GPSPhone from writing Game saved files and Pref Saved files?

If So how could i fix it?
  2. melone

melone New Member

I'm having the same problem. I think it' s because it still uses the old mediafolder. Located in root, in 1.1.3 apps dont have permission anymore go write to that one. They should write to the one in mobile. Maybe it' s fixed in the next version.
  3. xthefalloftyler

xthefalloftyler New Member

What kind of saving do you mean? Just the screenshot of the ROM or the save file in the ROM itself?
  4. tootricky

tootricky New Member

I had the EXACT same problem and it is caused by changes in the file structure of 1.1.3 and gpsPhone's lack of support for this change.

You wont get saves or game states to work until they update the app for 1.1.3 unfortunately

Please Register or Log in to view images

I downgraded to 1.1.3 for this reason.. I can't NOT play Zelda after all!

Please Register or Log in to view images

btw I posted on the zodttd forum about the same thing so head there if you need a reply from the developer.
  5. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

It has to do something about the new firmware using the mobile directory rather than root
  6. zisko

zisko Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    new version released- doesnt work 4 me do... restarting
  7. zisko

zisko Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    suport me---- click my sig link- if ure not gonna buy anything click an ad or two......