save my ipod touch songs to my pc

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jimshoup, Dec 5, 2008.

1. jimshoup

jimshoup New Member

hey guys i have been tring to save the songs on my ipod (1500+) to my pc. i was reading some older threads on here and cannot Enable Disk Use in my itunes (newest verison). i have tried to roll back the itunes to 7.5 thinking that i could do it then but i couldnt.

It is a 1st gen 8gb ipod touch. i tried a program called copytrans but it didnt backup all my music-

i am tring to back it up to jailbreak it

also its verision 1.1.5

thanks
  2. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There's a method for SSH'ing the songs onto your computer when your jailbroken. I don't know where you could find the method (I'm sure it's on this site somewhere), but jailbreak it and find that, and you'll be good.

Also note 2 things. Enabling disk use is impossible on both the Touch and the iPhone, because if they allowed for that, Jailbreaking would be as simple as enabling disk use and copy/paste 3rd party apps in the touch. Secondly, there are other programs (like CopyTunes) that are fully compatible with the touch and iPhone. Go to Download.com and look them up and you'll find one listed with compatibility.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Found it! HERE YOU GO! GOOD LUCK!
  3. Germany

Germany Banned

SSHing won't work because you don't have it jailbroken. Also, if you try disk mode it doesn't work for the iPhone or iPod Touch. I don't really see a need for backing them up, although there is a very small chance to lose things. I suggest just Jailbreaking it. Jailbreak is worth the risk lol. Plus, you won't even listen to 1500 songs. The most people actually listen to is like 200 anyways. The rest just sit there.
  4. jimshoup

jimshoup New Member

can you give me a direction for jailbreaking it?
  5. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Since you have a 1G and You haven't upgraded to 2.X firmwares yet, your best (and by far easiest) bet is to use ZiPhone.
  6. jimshoup

jimshoup New Member

cool thats the program i downloaded good looking out-
  7. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No problem. Good Luck!
  8. mariape

mariape New Member

jimshoup, I think you are using the trial version. that's why you can't backup all your ipod music. Just license it and it'll copy everything you've got!

This is your best bet! Believe me! I've used pleinty of programs to do this and the only good one was copytrans. It's amazing!

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. gawesome

gawesome New Member

Windows: Sharepod (Free)
    Mac: Senuti (Free)